Business Development Manager - Custom Solutions - Greensboro, NC
We are searching for a Business Development Manager who will be working as part of a dynamic team in the definition of new products and enhancements to existing products. This position will be working with both internal and external customers and must have experience defining product requirements in a competitive marketplace. The Business Development candidate must be able to seek out and target new customers and new sales opportunities, initiating action plans to secure new business for Noregon. The ideal candidate will have experience in consultative sales and be a "closer!"
Flex Work Hours
Ping Pong Tables at Work
Outstanding Recognition Program
Full Benefits Package including 401k, Medical, Dental and PTO
Innovative Industry Leader
Essential Job Functions & Duties:
- Develop strategic opportunities that culminate in the sales of Noregon consulting services and solutions.
- Generating revenue through a combination of new and existing customers using a strategic approach.
- Understanding customer needs and selling solutions for high level business problems.
- Focus is on meeting sales targets and new business development.
- Accountable for all aspects of the sales process (prospecting to contract signing) to generate new sales revenue through consultative sales strategy development and execution.
- Travel required ~ 50%
- Operates under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a proven track record year over year success in meeting sales objectives.
- Proven skills in strategic and consultative selling.
- High energy individual with experience crafting and closing deals.
- Knowledge and experience in customer problem solving and applying creative and innovative solutions.
- Superior PC skills a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required including comfort in presenting to corporate leadership.
- Ability to utilize virtual selling techniques to qualify, convert, and close new business opportunities.
- Strong instincts for qualifying prospects to solve customer business problems with technology based solutions.
- Self-motivated with a high sense of urgency in regards to achieving goals.
- College degree required, MBA preferred.
- 8 + years consultative sales experience.
- Software consulting sales and/or electronic product and technology solution sales.
- Transportation background a plus.
For 20 years, Noregon has been developing software solutions for the commercial vehicle industry – for everything from 18 wheelers to tanks. Our industry-leading solutions are used every day by industry giants and one man repair shops. Noregon’s shop-based diagnostics allow technicians to scan completely the entire vehicle in less than a minute. Noregon's JPRO® family of products help repair trucks fast and keep them on the road and making on time deliveries. Noregon provides the technical insight and expertise required to develop emerging technologies and concepts into useful software applications. We are a results-oriented software development company with a reputation for delivering software solutions on time and on budget.
Vertical Markets: Telecommunications, Transportation
Hunter or Farmer Required?: Both
Travel Tolerance: Moderate - 2 weeks per month
Relocation Available?: Yes
Annual Quota: - n/a - Base Salary: Open
Total Compensation (OTE): Open
Stocks/Options Offered?: No
Compensation Comments: - n/a -